Over the past few years Essential Oils have been gaining popularity because of their amazing ability to heal our bodies and minds. I’ve personally seen doTERRA Essential Oils help cure a family members of stage 4 Cancer within 4 months of diagnosis, ease extreme social Anxiety of another loved one, and bring back the feeling in a customers feet after MS left her numb for years. After researching other Essential Oil Companies (MLM and traditional sales) I decided doTERRA was the brand for me. They have helped me to balance my hormones and manage pain from Endometriosis, treated and cured chronic pain from a car accident and treated infections.
‘doTERRA is seen as superior to other leading essential oil companies in numerous corporate categories including Quality, Leadership, Environmentally friendly and Philanthropic efforts’.Cicero, independent market research company
Clean Essential Oils
When buying essential oils you need to ensure they are safe for your whole family, but how? The first thing is to recognize that not all essential oils are created equally. Many oils available in stores and online are diluted with things like synthetic compounds, carrier oils, or other essential oils not labeled on the bottle. They can be labeled as ‘Pure Essential Oil’ according to the current labeling laws by only having a very small portion of pure essential oil in the mixture.
So how do we know which brand to trust?
Consider the following to ensure they are pure, potent and safe for your family;
- Ensure the oils have been tested for purity and potency by a 3rd party company
- Ensure EACH BATCH of oils is tested so their is constancy in the potency, purity, and healing benefits
Seeing a gap in quality control measures, doTERRA created its own testing process, calling it CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade®. This certifies that the oils are free of fillers, synthetic ingredients and harmful additives that would reduce their effectiveness. To further ensure purity doterra partnered with an independent, 3rd party company ‘The Aromatic Plant Research Company’ to complete the testing. Each batch of Oils goes through this testing which includes;
- Organoleptic testing
- Microbial testing
- Gas chromatography
- Mass spectrometry
- Fourier Transform Infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Chirality testing
- Isotopic analysis
- Heavy metal testing
Green Essential Oils
Ensuring my Oils come from a sustainable grower is as important as quality to me. I would never want my purchase to be a contributing factor to over harvesting, and deforestation. We are here to heal the environment not continue to hurt it.
How doTERRA is the LEADER of Sustainable and Ethical Sourcing of Essential Oil’s
- They developed Co-Impact Sourcing which is ‘an initiative that seeks to develop long-term, mutually beneficial supplier partnerships while creating sustainable jobs and providing reliable income in underdeveloped areas’
- They work with sustainability experts to ensure their crops are grown ethically
- They halt production if a crop is in danger of being over harvested and will resume once it is safe (for the plant) to do so
- 2/3 of the countries doTERRA sources their oils from are considered developing countries, which gives them opportunity to provide sustainable income to the people growing, harvesting and distilling the oils.
- They create long term sourcing contracts with partners
- doTERRA helps to form and organize cooperatives that share collective benefits
- doTERRA formed a charity ‘Healing Hands Foundation’ which supports community and social projects all over the world; giving communities access to fresh water, giving girls access to education for the first time in Somalia, helping in global efforts to stop sex trafficking, stopping the stigma and shame around menstruation for girls in developing countries and so much more.
By purchasing doTERRA Essential Oils you heal your body, care for the plants and help to heal the planet by supporting the co-impact sourcing and healing hands efforts around the world.